(Dead) Great deal on Leapster 2 system
This is dead…
Use Ebates.com to get 2% cash back (and the $5 if you are new to Ebates).
Go directly to ebay, or here’s how to do it to get the Ebates cash back:
1. Go to Ebates.com and sign in (or sign up).
Quantities are limited, so this deal may go quickly!
PLEASE NOTE: I have seen a HUGE interest in this post lately…probably from search engines. My original post was for a deal I got at Kohls on November 14. This was not originally intended to be a Black Friday deal post. I read some leaked deals and thought there would be some Black Friday deals coming up for the Leapster 2, but as Dadof2 points out in the comments area, my information is not correct. This deal is now dead.
Get a pink or green Leapster 2 system for around $31 + tax & shipping at Kohls.com (or less if you use Ebates.com)! And, if you have a Kohl’s credit card, you can get free shipping!
I have been collecting Leapster games as I find deals on them, but started thinking I might have to use some Amazon.com gift cards from Swagbucks searches to buy it for $49.99 if I couldn’t get the system on sale by mid-December. Fortunately today I found a pretty decent deal for the system mentioned on Slickdeals. I don’t know if this is the best deal (maybe there will be some on Black Friday), but it’s by far the best deal I have seen in the past two months that I have been watching the price.
Here’s how to get it:
1. Go to Ebates.com and get 4% cash back (if you haven’t signed up for Ebates.com before, you can get an additional $5 sign-up bonus!) – this wasn’t mentioned on Slickdeals, but something I always do to get a little money back.
2. Search for Kohls.com and click through to the site
3. Search for Leapster – you should get a page that shows the Leapster L-Max. Look to the right of that page for the “more to consider” column and you’ll see the two Leapster 2 options (for some reason they don’t show up in the results). Click on the Leapster color you want.
4. Add the item to your shopping bag (the price should change to $44.79 once in your cart)
5. Go through the checkout process.
6. Use code: NOVKC30 to get 30% off
7. Use code: FREE4MVC for free shipping (if you have a Kohl’s credit card)
My total was around $33 after tax, plus I’ll receive 4% back from Ebates.
Kohl’s Credit Card
I have found Kohl’s to be overpriced except when they have a sale. But because their items are marked up quite a bit, many of their 50-75% off sale items are really only 25-50% off other retailers’ prices, so you have to comparison shop to make sure you’re getting the best deal. I did discover that having a Kohl’s credit card has its rewards… like the free shipping on the Leapster 2 and occasionally higher discounts during sales. I don’t like signing up for retailer credit cards, but this is one that has been worth it.
Leapster Game Deals
Look in Parenting and Parents magazines for a $5 off Leapster games coupon and use it at Target on the Black Friday sales to get games for $10! There were also some $4 printable coupons, but they appear to be gone now. If you have them, keep them handy for the Target sale.
You can currently get Ni-Hao Kai Lan and Star Wars for $10 at Walmart and Target after using the $5 coupon. This pricing may end today (Sat. 11/14), but I’m not sure.
This entry was posted on Saturday, November 14th, 2009 at 1:57 pm and is filed under Coupons, Online Retailers, Other Stores. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
One Response to “(Dead) Great deal on Leapster 2 system”